* GSoC 2024 Expression of interes
@ 2024-02-27 20:41 Aditya Ballaki
From: Aditya Ballaki @ 2024-02-27 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi Team,

I'm an incoming graduate student in Computer Engineering at Cornell
University, and I'm keen on participating in GSOC by contributing to
open-source projects before starting my graduate program.
Specifically, I'm interested in working on the Rust GCC compiler.
While I haven't made direct open-source contributions before, I'm
quite familiar with Rust. I've also gained experience with C/C++
through various projects involving low-level hardware programming and
video game development. Moreover, I've worked with several other tech
stacks and production-level code during my internships and research
endeavours.

Please let me know if it's appropriate for me to reach out to any of
the listed mentors (Pierre-Emmanuel Patry, Philip Herron, Arthur
Cohen) to discuss the project further.

Thank you!

Regards,
Aditya

P.S: Re-sent email with the correct string 'GSoC' in the subject line

* Re: GSoC 2024 Expression of interes
@ 2024-03-01 15:59 ` Martin Jambor
From: Martin Jambor @ 2024-03-01 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aditya Ballaki, gcc

Hello,

On Wed, Feb 28 2024, Aditya Ballaki via Gcc wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I'm an incoming graduate student in Computer Engineering at Cornell
> University, and I'm keen on participating in GSOC by contributing to
> open-source projects before starting my graduate program.

Wonderful, welcome!

> Specifically, I'm interested in working on the Rust GCC compiler.

Please note that Rust-GCC projects are a bit special in the sense that
they are often discussed primarily on Zulip of the gcc-rust team:

https://gcc-rust.zulipchat.com/

So you may want to reach out to gcc-rust developers there there as well.

> While I haven't made direct open-source contributions before, I'm
> quite familiar with Rust. I've also gained experience with C/C++
> through various projects involving low-level hardware programming and
> video game development. Moreover, I've worked with several other tech
> stacks and production-level code during my internships and research
> endeavours.
>
> Please let me know if it's appropriate for me to reach out to any of
> the listed mentors (Pierre-Emmanuel Patry, Philip Herron, Arthur
> Cohen) to discuss the project further.

It is, but I'd primarily suggest the zulip link given above.

Good luck!

Martin