* Open source contribution for Rust Front-End (GSoC)
@ 2023-03-28 19:15 Deepanshu Joshi
From: Deepanshu Joshi @ 2023-03-28 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello,
Myself Deepanshu Joshi, pursuing Bachelors in Computer Science. I would
like to display my interest towards the Rust Front End project. Currently I
am working on my own compiler and hence contributing to this project will
help me expand my knowledge.

I would request you to brief me regarding the resources and the tech stack
required for this project.

Lastly, I would request you to assign me some good first issues as per
your requirement.

Thank you,
Deepanshu Joshi

* Re: Open source contribution for Rust Front-End (GSoC)
@ 2023-03-29 16:57 ` Martin Jambor
From: Martin Jambor @ 2023-03-29 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deepanshu Joshi, gcc

Hello,

we are delighted you found contributing to GCC interesting.

On Wed, Mar 29 2023, Deepanshu Joshi via Gcc wrote:
> Hello,
> Myself Deepanshu Joshi, pursuing Bachelors in Computer Science. I would
> like to display my interest towards the Rust Front End project. Currently I
> am working on my own compiler and hence contributing to this project will
> help me expand my knowledge.

Please note that Rust-GCC projects are a bit special in the sense that
they are often discussed primarily on Zulip of the gcc-rust team:

https://gcc-rust.zulipchat.com/

So you may want to reach out to them there as well.

> I would request you to brief me regarding the resources and the tech stack
> required for this project.

There are those listed in the "Before you apply" section of the idea
page https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/SummerOfCode#Before_you_apply and
additionally you probably need to know a thing or two about Rust as well.

Good luck!

Martin Jambor