* GDB 8.2.1 released!
@ 2018-12-23 7:30 Joel Brobecker
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2018-12-23 7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: gdb-announce, info-gnu
GDB 8.2.1 released!
Release 8.2.1 of GDB, the GNU Debugger, is now available. GDB is
a source-level debugger for Ada, C, C++, Go, Rust, and many other
languages. GDB can target (i.e., debug programs running on)
more than a dozen different processor architectures, and GDB itself
can run on most popular GNU/Linux, Unix and Microsoft Windows variants.
GDB is free (libre) software.
You can download GDB from the GNU FTP server in the directory:
The vital stats:
Size md5sum Name
20MiB f8b2562e830a4098dd5b5ea9e9296c70 gdb-8.2.1.tar.xz
36MiB 6a11cc642b626541777d9e5f96ae406f gdb-8.2.1.tar.gz
There is a web page for GDB at:
That page includes information about GDB mailing lists (an announcement
mailing list, developers discussion lists, etc.), details on how to
access GDB's source repository, locations for development snapshots,
preformatted documentation, and links to related information around
the net. We will put errata notes and host-specific tips for this release
on-line as any problems come up. All mailing lists archives are also
browsable via the web.
GDB 8.2.1 brings the following fixes and enhancements over GDB 8.2:
* PR build/23516 (gdb build error under msys+mingw: strip can't handle gdb-add-index.exe)
* PR build/23623 (install-strip fails)
* PR rust/23626 (gdb crashes in upstream rust nil-enum test)
* PR rust/23650 (rust field name access error mentions "foo")
* PR gdb/23663 (gdb 8.1.1: undefined rpl_stat function with musl toolchains)
* PR python/23669 (gdb.execute("show commands") doesn't work)
* PR python/23714 (Command repetition stops working after gdb.execute)
* PR gdb/23838 (8.2 regression for invalid -data-directory)
* PR gdb/23974 ("info os" crash when specifying invalid object)
* PR gdb/23999 (SYMBOL_LANGUAGE assertion failure on AIX)
* PR gdb/24003 (Error when binary searching CUs for a specific DIE when using DWZ)
GDB 8.2 includes the following changes and enhancements:
* Support for the following target has been added:
RiscV ELF riscv*-*-elf
* Support for following targets and native configurations has been removed:
m88k running OpenBSD m88*-*-openbsd*
SH-5/SH64 ELF sh64-*-elf*, SH-5/SH64 support in sh*
SH-5/SH64 running GNU/Linux SH-5/SH64 support in sh*-*-linux*
SH-5/SH64 running OpenBSD SH-5/SH64 support in sh*-*-openbsd*
* Various Python API enhancements
* Aarch64/Linux enhancements:
** SVE support.
** Hardware watchpoints improvements for entities stored at unaligned
* New "c" response to disable the pager for the rest of the current command.
* C expressions can now use _Alignof, and C++ expressions can now use
* Improved flexibility for loading symbol files.
* The 'info proc' command nows works on running processes on FreeBSD systems
as well as core files created on FreeBSD systems.
* A new --enable-codesign=CERT configure option to automatically codesign
GDB after build (useful on MacOS X).
For a complete list and more details on each item, please see the gdb/NEWS
file, available at:
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-12-23 7:30 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2018-12-23 7:30 GDB 8.2.1 released! Joel Brobecker
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).