* GDB 8.3.1 released!
@ 2019-09-20 23:11 Joel Brobecker
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2019-09-20 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: gdb-announce, info-gnu
GDB 8.3.1 released!
Release 8.3.1 of GDB, the GNU Debugger, is now available. GDB is
a source-level debugger for Ada, C, C++, Go, Rust, and many other
languages. GDB can target (i.e., debug programs running on)
more than a dozen different processor architectures, and GDB itself
can run on most popular GNU/Linux, Unix and Microsoft Windows variants.
GDB is free (libre) software.
You can download GDB from the GNU FTP server in the directory:
The vital stats:
Size md5sum Name
20MiB 73b6a5d8141672c62bf851cd34c4aa83 gdb-8.3.1.tar.xz
37MiB 3c61672225a6a80875a5eea8cd25e2a0 gdb-8.3.1.tar.gz
There is a web page for GDB at:
That page includes information about GDB mailing lists (an announcement
mailing list, developers discussion lists, etc.), details on how to
access GDB's source repository, locations for development snapshots,
preformatted documentation, and links to related information around
the net. We will put errata notes and host-specific tips for this release
on-line as any problems come up. All mailing lists archives are also
browsable via the web.
GDB 8.3.1 brings the following fixes and enhancements over GDB 8.3:
* PR c++/20020 (GDB segfault on printing objects)
* PR gdb/24454 (nat/x86-linux-dregs.c failed assertion)
* PR breakpoints/24541 (Incorrect evaluation of systemtap probes due to register being signed and probe expression assuming unsigned)
* PR symtab/24545 (Symbol loading performance regression with cc1)
* PR gdb/24592 (amd64->i386 linux syscall restart problem)
* PR gdb/25009 (terminate called after throwing an instance of 'srchilite::ParserException')
* PR gdb/25010 (Calls to error () can cause SIGTTOU to send gdb to the background)
* PR breakpoints/25011 (Breakpoints on file reloads broken for PIE binaries)
This corrective release also brings the following testsuite fixes and
* PR testsuite/25005 (gdb-caching-proc.exp takes a lot of time on skip_opencl_tests)
* PR testsuite/25016 (Test-case failures for -pie)
GDB 8.3 includes the following changes and enhancements:
* Support for new native configurations (also available as a target
- RISC-V GNU/Linux (riscv*-*-linux*)
- RISC-V FreeBSD (riscv*-*-freebsd*)
* Support for new target configurations:
- CSKY ELF (csky*-*-elf)
- CSKY GNU/Linux (csky*-*-linux)
- NXP S12Z ELF (s12z-*-elf)
- OpenRISC GNU/Linux (or1k*-*-linux*)
* Native Windows debugging is only supported on Windows XP or later.
* The Python API in GDB now requires Python 2.6 or later.
* GDB now supports terminal styling for the CLI and TUI.
Source highlighting is also supported by building GDB with GNU
* Experimental support for compilation and injection of C++ source
code into the inferior (requires GCC 7.1 or higher, built with
* GDB and GDBserver now support IPv6 connections.
* Target description support on RISC-V targets.
* Various enhancements to several commands:
- "frame", "select-frame" and "info frame" commands
- "info functions", "info types", "info variables"
- "info thread"
- "info proc"
- System call alias catchpoint support on FreeBSD
- "target remote" support for Unix Domain sockets.
* Support for displaying all files opened by a process
* DWARF index cache: GDB can now automatically save indices of DWARF
symbols on disk to speed up further loading of the same binaries.
* Various GDB/MI enhancements.
* GDBserver on PowerPC GNU/Linux now supports access to the PPR,
DSCR, TAR, EBB/PMU, and HTM registers.
* Ada task switching support when debugging programs built with
the Ravenscar profile added to aarch64-elf.
* GDB in batch mode now exits with status 1 if the last executed
* Support for building GDB with GCC's Undefined Behavior Sanitizer.
For a complete list and more details on each item, please see the gdb/NEWS
file, available at:
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-09-20 23:11 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-09-20 23:11 GDB 8.3.1 released! Joel Brobecker
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).