public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Legal assigment forms for GDB
@ 2024-02-22 20:39 Robert Dubner
From: Robert Dubner @ 2024-02-22 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

I anticipate making contributions to GDB on an ongoing basis.  Apparently
there are forms the FSF wants filled out, and according to
https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/ContributionChecklist, I am supposed to
ask for them here.

I hereby request any forms I need.

Thanks very much,

Bob Dubner

* Re: Legal assigment forms for GDB
@ 2024-02-22 21:38 ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2024-02-22 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Dubner; +Cc: gdb

Hi Bob,

On Thu, Feb 22, 2024 at 02:39:51PM -0600, Robert Dubner wrote:
> I anticipate making contributions to GDB on an ongoing basis.  Apparently
> there are forms the FSF wants filled out, and according to
> https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/ContributionChecklist, I am supposed to
> ask for them here.
>
> I hereby request any forms I need.

I saw you made the same request for GCC. You can use the same
request-assign.future for both GCC and GDB:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/tree/doc/Copyright/request-assign.future

Just say GCC and GDB under
[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?]

Then just sent a copy to assign@gnu.org

Cheers,

Mark

* RE: Legal assigment forms for GDB
@ 2024-02-22 23:26   ` Robert Dubner
From: Robert Dubner @ 2024-02-22 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Wielaard; +Cc: gdb

I appreciate your response and response and your advice.  And, yes, I made
the same request twice.  I have long since learned that in the world of
legalisms, words don't necessarily mean what I think they mean, so I have
a tendency to try to follow instructions as precisely as I can.

Thanks very much,

Bob Dubner