public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* unavailable register
@ 2003-05-15 16:53 John S. Yates, Jr.
From: John S. Yates, Jr. @ 2003-05-15 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

I have been implementing thread support in a remote
stub.  My initial implementation provided only the
values of the registers.

I have now implemented register modification.  One
small glitch is that some registers are either
architecturally readonly (eg: .sdata base register)
or simple do not exist (eg: a blocking call into the
scheduler does not save those registers that the
calling conventions indicate are destroyable).
My implementation of the 'P' message understands
these issue and returns a failure where appropriate.

Unfortunately, gdb's register cache seems to get
updated before the 'P' message returns success.

/john
--
John S. Yates, Jr.   508 665-6897 (voice)
Netezza Inc          508 665-6811 (fax)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-05-15 16:53 UTC | newest]