public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Re: Re: Re: I compile gdbserver for RISCV on gdb10.1 version, and there is a error
       [not found] <20201117020745.B044518C0098@webmail.sinamail.sina.com.cn>
@ 2020-11-19  1:04 ` Jim Wilson
From: Jim Wilson @ 2020-11-19  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hilihui; +Cc: Simon Marchi, gdb

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 6:07 PM <hilihui@sina.com> wrote:

> Where is your patches?

In the upstream linux kernel.  But they were added in Summer/Fall 2018.  If
you have an old linux kernel release, then you won't have them.  They
should be in the linux kernel mailing list, but I don't know of an easy way
to search that offhand.  If you do a git log on a recent linux kernel clone
and then look for jimw@sifive.com you will see 4 patches.  The first one,
futex, was for glibc.  The other 3 are for gdb.  You can then use git diff
to extract the patches.  Or cherry-pick them or whatever.

Jim

* Re: Re: Re: I compile gdbserver for RISCV on gdb10.1 version, and there is a error
@ 2020-11-19 12:12   ` Jan Vrany
From: Jan Vrany @ 2020-11-19 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Wilson, hilihui; +Cc: gdb

On Wed, 2020-11-18 at 17:04 -0800, Jim Wilson wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 6:07 PM <hilihui@sina.com> wrote:
>
> > Where is your patches?
> >

> In the upstream linux kernel.  But they were added in Summer/Fall
> 2018.  If
> you have an old linux kernel release, then you won't have them.  They
> should be in the linux kernel mailing list, but I don't know of an
> easy way
> to search that offhand.  If you do a git log on a recent linux kernel
> clone
> and then look for jimw@sifive.com you will see 4 patches.  The first
> one,
> futex, was for glibc.  The other 3 are for gdb.  You can then use git
> diff
> to extract the patches.  Or cherry-pick them or whatever.

https://github.com/janvrany/riscv-linux/tree/users/jv/riscv-linux-4.15

Here you may find an 4.15 kernel with patches Jim is refering to
applied (I think), except the one for floating point regs. This is an
old kernel I used in fall of 2018. Was usable on QEMU and SiFive
Unleashed with debian.

The repo also contains 5.0rc known to work just fine on Unleashed (with
debian) Indeed, these are fairly old kernels...

HTH, Jan