public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* GDB & asynchronous program execution on Windows/MingW
@ 2003-06-20 16:20 Francois Ferrand
From: Francois Ferrand @ 2003-06-20 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi,

I am trying to debug my Windows program with GDB asynchronously (using
MingW32), so that I can interrupt execution at any time... However, it does
not seem to work.
Has anybody been able to do this ? Or is it not possible at all on
Windows/Mingw ?

I am using GDB 5.1.1 for Windows, as shipped with MingW.

Regards,

--
Francois Ferrand

* Re: GDB & asynchronous program execution on Windows/MingW
@ 2003-06-20 18:12 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-06-20 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

[WARNING: reply-to set]
On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 06:14:16PM +0200, Francois Ferrand wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am trying to debug my Windows program with GDB asynchronously (using
>MingW32), so that I can interrupt execution at any time... However, it does
>not seem to work.
>Has anybody been able to do this ? Or is it not possible at all on
>Windows/Mingw ?
>
>I am using GDB 5.1.1 for Windows, as shipped with MingW.

The MinGW port of gdb is not officially supported here.

Check with the mingw mailing list at "mingw-users -AT- lists.sourceforge.net"
for help with this version of gdb.

cgf

* Re: GDB & asynchronous program execution on Windows/MingW
@ 2003-06-23 18:52 ` Elena Zannoni
From: Elena Zannoni @ 2003-06-23 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Francois Ferrand; +Cc: gdb

Francois Ferrand writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I am trying to debug my Windows program with GDB asynchronously (using
 > MingW32), so that I can interrupt execution at any time... However, it does
 > not seem to work.
 > Has anybody been able to do this ? Or is it not possible at all on
 > Windows/Mingw ?
 >
 > I am using GDB 5.1.1 for Windows, as shipped with MingW.
 >
 > Regards,
 >
 > --
 > Francois Ferrand

The only really asyncronous target that has been implemented so far is the
a variant of the remote target.

(gdb) help target async
Use a remote computer via a serial line, using a gdb-specific protocol.
Specify the serial device it is connected to (e.g. /dev/ttya).

elena