public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Re: Remote debuggind with gdb 5.3
@ 2003-04-24 20:17 Magdalena.Iovescu
From: Magdalena.Iovescu @ 2003-04-24 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Jacobowitz; +Cc: gdb

Thanks for answering.
I'm using an ARM filesystem from Wearable group, and that doesn't have this file anywhere. I have them though on my host, in my toolchain directory (/opt/arm-linux/arm-linux/lib). I tried copying it to the /lib on my target, but then there were other files missing.

Is there a nicer way to get these files on the target filesystem?

Sorry for the basic questions, I'm new at embedded Linux.

Thanks,

Magdalena

@ 2003-04-24 20:19 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2003-04-24 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Magdalena.Iovescu; +Cc: gdb

Depends on how you work.  I recommend using the exact same headers and
libraries on host and target; otherwise really strange things can
happen.

@ 2003-04-25 15:55 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2003-04-25 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Magdalena.Iovescu; +Cc: gdb

Sorry, can't help you with that; you'll have to talk to whoever you got
this development environment from.

@ 2003-04-25 15:50 Magdalena.Iovescu
From: Magdalena.Iovescu @ 2003-04-25 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Jacobowitz; +Cc: gdb

@ 2003-04-24 19:21 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2003-04-24 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Magdalena.Iovescu; +Cc: gdb

@ 2003-04-24 19:16 Magdalena.Iovescu
From: Magdalena.Iovescu @ 2003-04-24 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hello.

I am trying to setup remote debugging on an ARM platform. I compiled and
installed gdb 5.3 on host and target side (following 'the recipe' on
www.kegel.com/linux/gdbserver.html). I even applied the --with-solib-absolute-prefix patch, and I still got this error after that:

When I try to start the server on the target, I get this:

[guest@MyHost guest]$gdbserver host:3000 hello
gdbserver: error in loading shared libraries: libthread_db.so.1: cannot open

Any suggestions on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Magdalena