public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Question
@ 2003-05-19 16:29 Yaning Gao
From: Yaning Gao @ 2003-05-19 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi,
Dose anyone can answer me a very basic question about how to debug a program
with argument by using ddd. Such as I want to debug a program called AAA:

void aaa(argc, argv)
{

How can I put argc and argv into DDD with AAA?
Can I do:
ddd AAA(1, 2, 3,4)?

I certainly can not, but I just couldn't find anywhere to tell me how in the
DDD document.

Thanks,

Ning

* Re: Question
@ 2003-05-19 16:36 ` wim delvaux
From: wim delvaux @ 2003-05-19 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yaning Gao, gdb

menu -> program -> run and fill in your command line arguments

On Monday 19 May 2003 18:29, Yaning Gao wrote:
> Hi,
> Dose anyone can answer me a very basic question about how to debug a
> program with argument by using ddd. Such as I want to debug a program
> called AAA:
>
> void aaa(argc, argv)
> {
> }
>
> How can I put argc and argv into DDD with AAA?
> Can I do:
> ddd AAA(1, 2, 3,4)?
>
> I certainly can not, but I just couldn't find anywhere to tell me how in
> the DDD document.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ning

* Question.....
@ 2000-04-01  0:00 ` leedh
From: leedh @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi...

Our Host system environment is connectted to target system by serial
port.

We had loaded VxWorks RTOS into your EBSA-285 Board for testing.

Now, We are willing to connect cygnus GNU debugger toolkit(host
system-window NT)

to angel debugger on EBSA-285 Board(target system-strongArm).

But, cygnus debugger isn't connectted to target system.

Please, You advise in this problem for me.

If possible, I want Document / Install file .

Sorry, I'm a little English.

Thank You.

* Re: Question.....
@ 2000-04-01  0:00   ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: leedh; +Cc: gdb

On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 04:50:19PM +0900, leedh wrote:

> Now, We are willing to connect cygnus GNU debugger toolkit(host
> system-window NT) to angel debugger on EBSA-285 Board(target
> system-strongArm).
>
> But, cygnus debugger isn't connectted to target system.

You're trying to use gdb to talk to the Angel ROM monitor to
debug ARM software, right?  And you can't get gdb to talk to
the Angel monitor?

1) Make sure you have a current snapshot of gdb -- something
   less than two months old.  Older versions of gdb don't
   handle RDI/ADP as well.

2) What exactly happens when you tell gdb to coneect to the
   Angle ROM monitor using the "target rdi" command?

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com

* Re: Question.....