public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* RFC: Backtrace vs. list in recent GDB
@ 2003-06-05  3:46 Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2003-06-05  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Sometime between GDB 5.2 and GDB 5.3, when the default-source-location
code was touched, backtrace began changing the notion of the "current
source location".  As a result, if you say "backtrace" and then "list"
now, you get the last listed frame's source location - not the previous
default location.  Personally, I think that's wrong.  I don't think it
was deliberate, but I might have missed something... any comments?

It seems to me that this doesn't represent any more fundamental bug,
but just that backtrace should save and restore the current source
location.  Does anyone else have an opinion, before I implement that?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-06-05  3:46 UTC | newest]