public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* GDB - Query Section Offset
@ 2003-06-11  2:40 Raja Saleru
From: Raja Saleru @ 2003-06-11  2:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gdb Redhat

Hi, I have query related gdb and gdbserver communication.

Query Section Offset(qOffset)

This request sent by the gdb to determine what relocation, if any, the
target applies to applications and data during the download process.
Target responds with the offsets it applies to the application`s .text,
.data,   .bss  sections.

Does this request supports in cross compiled gdbserver for sh-elf ?

where this request is implemented in gdb ? which source file / function ?

Where the corresponding request is handled in gdbserver ? which source file
/ function ?

If the gdbserver doesn't returning the requested value... I can I
implemented the same ?
Any example code if possible.

Any more details regarding this will be usefull.

Regards
Raja Saleru

* Re: GDB - Query Section Offset
@ 2003-06-11  2:48 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2003-06-11  2:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raja Saleru; +Cc: Gdb Redhat

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 11:40:33AM +0900, Raja Saleru wrote:
> Hi, I have query related gdb and gdbserver communication.
>
> Query Section Offset(qOffset)
>
> This request sent by the gdb to determine what relocation, if any, the
> target applies to applications and data during the download process.
> Target responds with the offsets it applies to the application`s .text,
> .data,   .bss  sections.
>
> Does this request supports in cross compiled gdbserver for sh-elf ?
>
> where this request is implemented in gdb ? which source file / function ?
>
> Where the corresponding request is handled in gdbserver ? which source file
> / function ?
>
> If the gdbserver doesn't returning the requested value... I can I
> implemented the same ?
> Any example code if possible.
>
> Any more details regarding this will be usefull.

Gdbserver does not implement it.  The uClinux people have some patches
to do it, you can find them in the list archives.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz