public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* GDB & VxWorks 5.4
@ 2003-06-12 14:51 Phil Prentice
From: Phil Prentice @ 2003-06-12 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi
  The target GDB server (tRDBtask) software for VxWorks 5.2 has been replaced
in VxWorks 5.4 with WDB. We would like to continue to use vxgdb to interface
with VxWorks 5.4?  Has anybody got any suggestions?

   Thanks

       Phil

* Re: GDB & VxWorks 5.4
@ 2003-06-12 18:15 ` Joel Brobecker
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2003-06-12 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil Prentice; +Cc: gdb

>   The target GDB server (tRDBtask) software for VxWorks 5.2 has been replaced
> in VxWorks 5.4 with WDB. We would like to continue to use vxgdb to interface
> with VxWorks 5.4?  Has anybody got any suggestions?

Not sure I understand correctly what you are talking about, since I've
never played with VxWorks 5.2. However, with 5.4, you can/should have a
target server that runs on the host. This target server should handle
all the WDB communication between you and the target. As for you, you
should be talking to him using the WTX protocol. There is a C API that
you can use for that.

--
Joel