public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* c++ incomplete type
@ 2005-07-11  6:32 geiger emsoft
From: geiger emsoft @ 2005-07-11  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi all,

  I'm using gdb-6.3. I find that when I try to print
out some classes, it replies with "<incomplete type>".
Some sources in the Internet says gdb does not support
nested structures or uses with namespaces. My case is
that of using namespaces. Are there any methods to get
around with this? Compile with which options? Or is
there any other patches?

  Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Geiger

http://mail.yahoo.com

* Re: c++ incomplete type
@ 2005-07-11 13:11 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2005-07-11 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: geiger emsoft; +Cc: gdb

On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 11:32:31PM -0700, geiger emsoft wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I'm using gdb-6.3. I find that when I try to print
> out some classes, it replies with "<incomplete type>".
> Some sources in the Internet says gdb does not support
> nested structures or uses with namespaces. My case is
> that of using namespaces. Are there any methods to get
> around with this? Compile with which options? Or is
> there any other patches?

Provide test cases.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz