public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Building only gdbserver
@ 2005-07-14  8:14 Kaul, Martin
From: Kaul, Martin @ 2005-07-14  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi,

is it possible to build only the gdbserver from the sources. Normaly "configure - make - make install" builds the whole gdb. I'm only need the gdbserver, cause I want take a look into the server for porting them to our platform.

regards
  Martin

* Re: Building only gdbserver
@ 2005-07-14 14:11 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2005-07-14 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaul, Martin; +Cc: gdb

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 10:14:15AM +0200, Kaul, Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to build only the gdbserver from the sources. Normaly
> "configure - make - make install" builds the whole gdb. I'm only need
> the gdbserver, cause I want take a look into the server for porting
> them to our platform.

You'll need the whole source tree (well, lots of little pieces of it),
but you can just run configure in the gdbserver subdirectory.

(This is in gdb/gdbserver/README; let me know if it's unclear.)

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC