public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* BookE/E500 support
@ 2005-07-18 19:28 Kris Warkentin
From: Kris Warkentin @ 2005-07-18 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GDB; +Cc: jimb

Hi,

I was sniffing around in CVS and it looks like Jim's e500 branch is in
6.3 and HEAD but I couldn't find any official announcement in NEWS or on
the mailing lists.  Is the E500 fully supported now?

cheers,

Kris

--
Stay up-to-date on all the QNX news!  Register at
http://www.qnx.com/news/forms/newsletter.html to

* Re: BookE/E500 support
@ 2005-07-18 21:21 ` Kumar Gala
From: Kumar Gala @ 2005-07-18 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kris Warkentin; +Cc: GDB, jimb

There were some DW_OP_Piece changes that I'm not sure are in 6.3.
Jim should hopefully be able to enlighten us on that.

- kumar

On Jul 18, 2005, at 2:30 PM, Kris Warkentin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was sniffing around in CVS and it looks like Jim's e500 branch is in
> 6.3 and HEAD but I couldn't find any official announcement in NEWS
> or on
> the mailing lists.  Is the E500 fully supported now?
>
> cheers,
>
> Kris
>
> --
> Stay up-to-date on all the QNX news!  Register at
> http://www.qnx.com/news/forms/newsletter.html to
> receive our newsletter.

* Re: BookE/E500 support
@ 2005-07-19 15:27   ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2005-07-19 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kumar Gala; +Cc: GDB

Kumar,

The branch looks dead (there's been nothing on the list to suggest
further merging effort).

As for DW_OP_piece, I independantly added DW_OP_piece read support to
GDB's mainline (it can't write though).  That part proved to be
relatively trivial and provides the more critical functionality.

Andrew

Kumar Gala wrote:
> There were some DW_OP_Piece changes that I'm not sure are in 6.3.   Jim
> should hopefully be able to enlighten us on that.
>
> - kumar
>
> On Jul 18, 2005, at 2:30 PM, Kris Warkentin wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was sniffing around in CVS and it looks like Jim's e500 branch is in
>> 6.3 and HEAD but I couldn't find any official announcement in NEWS  or on
>> the mailing lists.  Is the E500 fully supported now?
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> Kris
>>
>> --
>> Stay up-to-date on all the QNX news!  Register at
>> http://www.qnx.com/news/forms/newsletter.html to
>> receive our newsletter.

* Re: BookE/E500 support
@ 2005-07-19 15:33     ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2005-07-19 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Cagney; +Cc: Kumar Gala, GDB

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 11:27:59AM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> Kumar,
>
> The branch looks dead (there's been nothing on the list to suggest
> further merging effort).
>
> As for DW_OP_piece, I independantly added DW_OP_piece read support to
> GDB's mainline (it can't write though).  That part proved to be
> relatively trivial and provides the more critical functionality.

Except, that patch hasn't been reviewed yet as far as I know.  It's
still pending.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC

* RE: BookE/E500 support
@ 2005-07-19 17:51 Kris Warkentin
From: Kris Warkentin @ 2005-07-19 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Daniel Jacobowitz', Andrew Cagney; +Cc: Kumar Gala, GDB

Well there's definitely something strange going on then.  There seems to be
a lot of e500 functionality in mainline/6.3.  Does that mean someone is
going to have to go through it and figure out what made it in from the
branch and what still needs to be added?

This is why I was so confused.  I couldn't find any reference to a merge but
there was a lot of code in there that looked like it was from the branch.

cheers,

Kris