public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* rproxy - being maintained?
@ 2005-08-22 18:01 Robin Getz
From: Robin Getz @ 2005-08-22 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

I was looking at http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/links/

and at the bottom of the page, it has a link for rproxy (proxy for the GDB
remote protocol), which points to
http://world.std.com/~qqi/labslave/rproxy.html but the only place I can
find this is in google's cache.

Is rproxy an actively maintained project?

I noticed that Chris Liechti and Dmitry Diky did a fork, and are now
calling it gdbproxy - but this looked like it was only for the MSP-430
http://mspgcc.sourceforge.net/tools.html

Thanks in advance.
-Robin

* Re: rproxy - being maintained?
@ 2005-08-22 22:58 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2005-08-22 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robin Getz; +Cc: gdb

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 02:01:32PM -0400, Robin Getz wrote:
> I was looking at http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/links/
>
> and at the bottom of the page, it has a link for rproxy (proxy for the GDB
> remote protocol), which points to
> http://world.std.com/~qqi/labslave/rproxy.html but the only place I can
> find this is in google's cache.
>
> Is rproxy an actively maintained project?

Not as far as I know.

Depending on exactly what you need, there may be other more recent
projects which can help.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC

* Re: rproxy - being maintained?
@ 2005-08-24 15:57 Steve Underwood
From: Steve Underwood @ 2005-08-24 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi,

<http://world.std.com/%7Eqqi/labslave/rproxy.html> but the only place I
can find this is in google's cache.

 >Is rproxy an actively maintained project?

 >I noticed that Chris Liechti and Dmitry Diky did a fork, and are now
calling it gdbproxy - but this looked like it was only for the >MSP-430
http://mspgcc.sourceforge.net/tools.html

Actually I was the one who implemented gdbproxy. We needed something for
MSP430 support that would allow us to embed a proprietary library from
TI, and not break licencing rules. I picked up rproxy. I contact its
developer. He has lost interest in the code, so I took it up. I forget
the reason for giving it a new name, but it made sense that the time. :-)

There is nothing MSP430 specific in the code in CVS at
mspgcc.sourceforge.net. What is in there is the generic code, with a
skeleton for a target specific module. The target specific module for
the MSP430 is here with me, and not in CVS. I would welcome anyone using
this code. Its why I put everything I was allowed to in a public CVS
respository.

Regards,
Steve

* Re: rproxy - being maintained?
@ 2005-08-23  0:16 Robin Getz
From: Robin Getz @ 2005-08-23  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: drow; +Cc: gdb

Daniel wrote:
>Depending on exactly what you need, there may be other more recent
>projects which can help.

What I am looking for was something that could listen on a host (the same
host that gdb runs on), and translate gdb remote protocol to JTAG, for some
sort of JTAG hardware (either USB, or Parallel Port).

-Robin