public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Missing entries in gdb/NEWS?
@ 2005-10-04 18:49 Joel Brobecker
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2005-10-04 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hello,

I am about to start working on a new GDB release. For that, I'd like
to make sure that the gdb/NEWS file is as complete as possible. Are
there any change made since GDB 6.3 that should be documented and yet
haven't? If you know of new features, nice improvements, etc, please
let us know, so we can add the appropriate documentation.

Thank you,
--
Joel

* Re: Missing entries in gdb/NEWS?
@ 2005-10-15 11:35 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2005-10-15 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Brobecker; +Cc: gdb

> Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 11:48:56 -0700
> From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com>
>
> I am about to start working on a new GDB release. For that, I'd like
> to make sure that the gdb/NEWS file is as complete as possible. Are
> there any change made since GDB 6.3 that should be documented and yet
> haven't? If you know of new features, nice improvements, etc, please
> let us know, so we can add the appropriate documentation.

In general, we did make a point of asking that an entry be added to
NEWS whenever patches were committed that added significant new
features or changed past behavior in significant ways.  So, in
general, you should assume that NEWS is already up to date.  Of
course, that shouldn't prevent people from suggesting more entries, if
they find something is missing.