public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Status of kdbg bug submission
@ 2005-10-05 21:54 Brad Aisa
From: Brad Aisa @ 2005-10-05 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

I get an error msg "gdb exited unexpectedly" when starting kdbg. I
have submitted a bug report to the gdb bug base, and was wondering
when I would receive confirmation? I sumitted on Mon 10/03/05.

In brief, the context and issue:

Linux FC4
GDB6.3
Kdbg 1.3 or 2.0 (doesn't matter which)

Load an executable, the program responds,  "GDB exited unexpectedly."

The author of KDBG has assured that the issue has been investigated,
and lies with gdb, not kdbg.

I have a sample executable that can reproduce the issue.

--
Brad Aisa <baisa at colorado dot edu>
Professional Research Assistant

* Re: Status of kdbg bug submission
@ 2005-10-06  1:20 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2005-10-06  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brad Aisa; +Cc: gdb

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 03:52:48PM -0600, Brad Aisa wrote:
> I get an error msg "gdb exited unexpectedly" when starting kdbg. I
> have submitted a bug report to the gdb bug base, and was wondering
> when I would receive confirmation? I sumitted on Mon 10/03/05.
>
> In brief, the context and issue:
>
> Linux FC4
> GDB6.3
> Kdbg 1.3 or 2.0 (doesn't matter which)
>
> Load an executable, the program responds,  "GDB exited unexpectedly."
>
> The author of KDBG has assured that the issue has been investigated,
> and lies with gdb, not kdbg.
>
> I have a sample executable that can reproduce the issue.

Bugs are responded to, of course, when a volunteer has time.  However,
in this case, I have seen no record of your bug report; where did you
submit it?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC

* Re: Status of kdbg bug submission
@ 2005-10-06 17:44   ` Brad Aisa
From: Brad Aisa @ 2005-10-06 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Well, I filled out the form on the gnu site, and it seemed to post
successfully, and told me i'd get some kind of email at some point.
Should I try again? Do I somehow need to be logged in as some kind of
user to send a bug report?

--

@ 2005-10-06 17:52     ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2005-10-06 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brad Aisa; +Cc: gdb

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 11:44:09AM -0600, Brad Aisa wrote:
> Well, I filled out the form on the gnu site, and it seemed to post
> successfully, and told me i'd get some kind of email at some point.

Which gnu site?  Was it the GNATS system on sourceware.org, or was it
somewhere else?

> Should I try again? Do I somehow need to be logged in as some kind of
> user to send a bug report?

Or you could just send it to this list.  No, you should not need to be
logged in for GNATS.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC

* Re: Status of kdbg bug submission
@ 2005-10-06 21:06       ` Joel Brobecker
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2005-10-06 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brad Aisa, gdb

> > Well, I filled out the form on the gnu site, and it seemed to post
> > successfully, and told me i'd get some kind of email at some point.
>
> Which gnu site?  Was it the GNATS system on sourceware.org, or was it
> somewhere else?

I actually have seen the same thing at the GDB GNATS database. I created
a PR, and saw the usual message saying that the has been filed, and that
I would receive a confirmation email. But I didn't receive the email
either. I has always taken a while, but I don't remember it taking more
than a day or two.

The URL: http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl

--
Joel

* Re: Status of kdbg bug submission
@ 2005-10-06 21:17         ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2005-10-06 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Brobecker; +Cc: Brad Aisa, gdb

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 02:06:15PM -0700, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> > > Well, I filled out the form on the gnu site, and it seemed to post
> > > successfully, and told me i'd get some kind of email at some point.
> >
> > Which gnu site?  Was it the GNATS system on sourceware.org, or was it
> > somewhere else?
>
> I actually have seen the same thing at the GDB GNATS database. I created
> a PR, and saw the usual message saying that the has been filed, and that
> I would receive a confirmation email. But I didn't receive the email
> either. I has always taken a while, but I don't remember it taking more
> than a day or two.
>
> The URL: http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl

Was this for PR 2018?  Looks like it's not been sending out new bug
mail; I will check with the sysadmins.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC

* Re: Status of kdbg bug submission
@ 2005-10-06 21:49           ` Joel Brobecker
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2005-10-06 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brad Aisa, gdb

> > The URL: http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl
>
> Was this for PR 2018?  Looks like it's not been sending out new bug
> mail; I will check with the sysadmins.

Thanks. Yes, this is the PR. Bizarre, I did browse the TNs looking
for mine, but perhaps I made an error or tried too early.

--
Joel