public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* arm-elf remote target and cpsr
@ 2005-10-27 11:59 Efim Monjak
From: Efim Monjak @ 2005-10-27 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi all

by the communikation with a arm-elf target with remote protokoll I see
difference to ARM simulator:
1. the cpsr register value can be wieved in Insight if  the target is
simulator
but it is always zero (by using only GDB also) if remote protokoll is used.
I use our stub, possibly the value for cpsr register is on the wrong place.
The responce to the command "g" has follow format:
26 times 32-bit values with all registers data. The R0 is the first and
the cpsr is the last value. The values R0 to PC are displayed by GDB
correct.
Is the responce from stub wrong?

thanks

* Re: arm-elf remote target and cpsr
@ 2005-10-27 12:48 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2005-10-27 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Efim Monjak; +Cc: gdb

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 01:59:10PM +0200, Efim Monjak wrote:
> Hi all
>
> by the communikation with a arm-elf target with remote protokoll I see
> difference to ARM simulator:
> 1. the cpsr register value can be wieved in Insight if  the target is
> simulator
> but it is always zero (by using only GDB also) if remote protokoll is used.
> I use our stub, possibly the value for cpsr register is on the wrong place.
> The responce to the command "g" has follow format:
> 26 times 32-bit values with all registers data. The R0 is the first and
> the cpsr is the last value. The values R0 to PC are displayed by GDB
> correct.
> Is the responce from stub wrong?

Yes.  Look at gdb/regformats/reg-arm.dat for more about the ARM g
packet; the old floating point (FPA) registers are included, and they
are not 32 bits.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC