public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Remote debugging w/o symbols
@ 2010-07-01 11:37 Mathias Lafeldt
From: Mathias Lafeldt @ 2010-07-01 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi,

is there any way I can do remote debugging without using a command like
"file" to get the symbols?

After running "target remote ..." to connect to a remote stub, "dump" or
"disassemble" fail due to a memory access error. I know that the symbols
are required for source-level debugging, but I guess there still must be
a way to dump memory and disassemble it without them.

Manually defining memory regions with "mem" didn't change the situation.

-Mathias

* Re: Remote debugging w/o symbols
@ 2010-07-01 17:00 ` Mike Frysinger
From: Mike Frysinger @ 2010-07-01 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)