public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* cvs problems
@ 2012-04-19 17:36 Pedro Alves
From: Pedro Alves @ 2012-04-19 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gdb@sourceware.org'

I seem to have managed to do something nasty to the src repo.  I'm getting:

cvs [update aborted]: head attribute does not match file for `/cvs/src/src/gdb/ChangeLog,v

in my regular checkout, and a fresh checkout comes out practically empty.

It seems this has happened before:

 http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2004-08/msg00091.html

I've sent an email to overseers@.

--
Pedro Alves

* Re: cvs problems
@ 2012-04-19 17:49 ` Joel Brobecker
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2012-04-19 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pedro Alves; +Cc: 'gdb@sourceware.org'

> I seem to have managed to do something nasty to the src repo.  I'm
> getting:
> cvs [update aborted]: head attribute does not match file for `/cvs/src/src/gdb/ChangeLog,v

I don't think it's your fault. It's easily fixable, I think,
by removing the CVS/fileattr file in the repo. I even think I have
enough privs to do this as gdbadmin, but if I do, I think someone
at overseers is going to scratch their head trying to figure out
what's wrong...

--
Joel

* Re: cvs problems
@ 2012-04-19 19:15   ` Pedro Alves
From: Pedro Alves @ 2012-04-19 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Brobecker; +Cc: 'gdb@sourceware.org'

On 04/19/2012 06:48 PM, Joel Brobecker wrote:

>> I seem to have managed to do something nasty to the src repo.  I'm
>> getting:
>> cvs [update aborted]: head attribute does not match file for `/cvs/src/src/gdb/ChangeLog,v
>
> I don't think it's your fault.

I was checking in a patch, and had one of those "oh, no, this is not what I want to
check in, panic, panic, ctrl-c, ctrl-c" moments.  Looks like a window where that can
leave things stale in the server.

> It's easily fixable, I think,

> by removing the CVS/fileattr file in the repo. I even think I have
> enough privs to do this as gdbadmin, but if I do, I think someone
> at overseers is going to scratch their head trying to figure out
> what's wrong...

It's fixed now.

--
Pedro Alves

* Re: cvs problems
@ 2012-04-19 19:43   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2012-04-19 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pedro Alves, 'gdb@sourceware.org', Joel Brobecker

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 10:48:51AM -0700, Joel Brobecker wrote:
>> I seem to have managed to do something nasty to the src repo.  I'm
>> getting:
>> cvs [update aborted]: head attribute does not match file for `/cvs/src/src/gdb/ChangeLog,v
>
>I don't think it's your fault. It's easily fixable, I think,
>by removing the CVS/fileattr file in the repo. I even think I have
>enough privs to do this as gdbadmin, but if I do, I think someone
>at overseers is going to scratch their head trying to figure out
>what's wrong...

I have a cron job set up to fix this automatically.  Removing the
CVS/fileattr file is not the right solution for this problem.  The cron
job does the right thing.  So, normally, when this happens, you just
have to wait for the problem to be automatically rectified.

cgf