public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* gdb support static probe points?
@ 2012-07-19 14:42 John Smith
From: John Smith @ 2012-07-19 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

hi.
gdb support  static probe points?
but I can  not find  the  "info  probe" command in the  help  list

thank you!

* Re: gdb support static probe points?
@ 2012-07-19 15:48 ` Gary Benson
       [not found]   ` <4cde59b2.19b09.138a1de87e4.Coremail.junior_study@126.com>
From: Gary Benson @ 2012-07-19 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi John,

John Smith wrote:
> gdb support  static probe points?
> but I can  not find  the  "info  probe" command in the  help  list

I see it on mine:

  (gdb) help info
  info probes -- Show available static probes

What version of GDB are you using?

Thanks,
Gary

--
http://gbenson.net/

* Re: Re: gdb support static probe points?
       [not found]   ` <4cde59b2.19b09.138a1de87e4.Coremail.junior_study@126.com>
@ 2012-07-20  9:12     ` Gary Benson
From: Gary Benson @ 2012-07-20  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: junior_study; +Cc: gdb

junior_study wrote:
> my  gdb version is  :
>                                  GNU gdb (GDB) 7.4
> I  can not find  "info probe" command  in  the  help list.
> I do not know the reason

Probes were added fairly recently, and have not made it into an
official GDB release yet.  They will appear in 7.5.  You could
try the release candidate if you need them:

  ftp://sourceware.org/pub/gdb/snapshots/branch/gdb-7.4.91.tar.bz2

Cheers,
Gary

--
http://gbenson.net/