public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* website: http URL for snapshots
@ 2021-08-30 15:30 Simon Marchi
From: Simon Marchi @ 2021-08-30 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi,

This page:

  https://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/current/

... only gives a FTP URL for the snapshots.  FTP is getting harder to
use, with modern browsers dropping support for it.  I would suggest
adding the http URL for it (https://sourceware.org/pub/gdb/snapshots/).

Simon

* Re: website: http URL for snapshots
@ 2021-09-09 16:44 ` Joel Brobecker
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2021-09-09 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Marchi via Gdb; +Cc: Joel Brobecker

Hi Simon,

> This page:
>
>   https://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/current/
>
> ... only gives a FTP URL for the snapshots.  FTP is getting harder to
> use, with modern browsers dropping support for it.  I would suggest
> adding the http URL for it (https://sourceware.org/pub/gdb/snapshots/).

I've updated the web page to point to the HTTP/S URL first, with
a link to the FTP download for those who want it.

While at it, I noticed that we still had a lot of HTTP URLs, so
I just converted them to HTTP/S as well.

--
Joel

* Re: website: http URL for snapshots
@ 2021-12-02 14:08   ` Philippe Blain
From: Philippe Blain @ 2021-12-02 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Brobecker, Simon Marchi via Gdb, gdb

Hi Joel,

Le 2021-09-09 à 12:44, Joel Brobecker a écrit :
> Hi Simon,
>
>> This page:
>>
>>    https://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/current/
>>
>> ... only gives a FTP URL for the snapshots.  FTP is getting harder to
>> use, with modern browsers dropping support for it.  I would suggest
>> adding the http URL for it (https://sourceware.org/pub/gdb/snapshots/).
>
> I've updated the web page to point to the HTTP/S URL first, with
> a link to the FTP download for those who want it.

I noticed that the two new HTTPS links ("Current Development" and "Latest Release Branch")
do not work because the 'href' attribute of the '<a>' tag is missing an opening double quote.

Cheers,

Philippe.

* Re: website: http URL for snapshots
@ 2021-12-03  4:33     ` Joel Brobecker
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2021-12-03  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe Blain; +Cc: Joel Brobecker, Simon Marchi via Gdb

> I noticed that the two new HTTPS links ("Current Development" and
> "Latest Release Branch") do not work because the 'href' attribute of
> the '<a>' tag is missing an opening double quote.

Indeed. Thanks for the note and for the suggestion of what's wrong.
Should be fixed (the two links work for me, now).

--
Joel