public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* After elf is loaded into memory, how is the symbol table updated?
@ 2023-07-12 11:46 hilbert
From: hilbert @ 2023-07-12 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

If I want to set a breakpoint on a function, I can read the elf file/dwarf to get the relative position of the function.

After entering the `run` command, how does gdb know the virtual address of the function, and when to update the symbol table, I did not find the relevant function;

For example, function 1: address 0x6aaf in the elf file
After run address function 1: address 0x55555556aaf

Who can give me a hint?
Thank you so much;

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-07-12 11:46 UTC | newest]