public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Re: Trying to build GDB
@ 2000-06-22  5:03 Gerwyn Davies
From: Gerwyn Davies @ 2000-06-22  5:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerwyn Davies, GDB

Opps, I think I made a slight error when I wrote
that ( too many late nights! )

Yes, I do have the illegal operation error, but the other
problem ( lack of the two header files )
was I problem I had when I was building without the target
argument set.
The problem I'm having this time is a problem with the
<mips.igen> file. Heres part of the error output:-

./mips.igen 3755: info: unimplemented ./mips.igen 3770:
info: unimplemented ./mips.igen 3777: info: unimplemented ./mips.igen
3783: info: unimplemented ./mips.igen 3811: info:
unimplemented ./mips.igen 3834: info: unimplemented ./mips.igen 3908:
info: unimplemented ./mips.igen 3915: info: unimplemented ./mips.igen
3922: info: unimplemented ./mips.igen 3929: info: unimplemented

There seems to be a problem whenever "mipsI" or
"mipsII" appears.

What am I doing wrong? My target system is a TX3927 processor
on JMR-TX3927 demo board.

    -----Original Message----- From:
    Gerwyn Davies < gerwynd@tommoll.freeserve.co.uk > To:
    GDB < gdb@sourceware.cygnus.com > Date:
    22 June 2000 10:20 Subject: Trying to build
    GDB
    I have a few small problems building GDB
    which maybe someone can provide a little help:

    I'm building on a Windows 98 system from
    within a BASH shell, my configure command line was:-
     sh configure i586
    --target=mipstx39

    The configure completes all OK, but during
    the make process I get a illegal operation error, with the message in my
    shell window saying " make: vfork: No more processes ". Sounds
    like I've got some resource problem that needs a tweak, but I dont know what
    to tweak.

    My other problem occours towards the end of
    the make, with make complaining that it can't find the files <psapi.h>
    and <imagehlp.h>. I've searched, but these two don't exist anywhere on
    my system.

    Any ideas?

    Many thanks

    Gerwyn

* Re: Trying to build GDB
@ 2000-06-22  5:18 ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2000-06-22  5:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerwyn Davies; +Cc: GDB

> Gerwyn Davies wrote:
>
> Opps, I think I made a slight error when I wrote that ( too many late
> nights! )
>
> Yes, I do have the illegal operation error, but the other problem (
> lack of the two header files )
> was I problem I had when I was building without the target argument
> set.
> The problem I'm having this time is a problem with the <mips.igen>
> file. Heres part of the error output:-
>
> ./mips.igen 3755: info: unimplemented
> ./mips.igen 3770: info: unimplemented
> ./mips.igen 3777: info: unimplemented
> ./mips.igen 3783: info: unimplemented
> ./mips.igen 3811: info: unimplemented
> ./mips.igen 3834: info: unimplemented
> ./mips.igen 3908: info: unimplemented
> ./mips.igen 3915: info: unimplemented
> ./mips.igen 3922: info: unimplemented
> ./mips.igen 3929: info: unimplemented

FYI, that isn't an error, it is an informational message.  The
instruction at line 3755 isn't implemented.  This may sound serious but
it isn't.  Have a look at the actual instruction - will GCC generate it?

	Andrew

* Trying to build GDB
@ 2000-06-22  2:20 Gerwyn Davies
From: Gerwyn Davies @ 2000-06-22  2:20 UTC (permalink / raw)