public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Question about ARI
@ 2003-05-06 15:16 Kris Warkentin
From: Kris Warkentin @ 2003-05-06 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gdb@Sources.Redhat.Com

I'm really impressed with this tool.  Can anyone tell me any more about it?
I wouldn't mind seeing something like this running on our internal stuff.

cheers,

Kris

* Re: Question about ARI
@ 2003-05-07 16:07 ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2003-05-07 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kris Warkentin; +Cc: Gdb@Sources.Redhat.Com

> I'm really impressed with this tool.  Can anyone tell me any more about it?
> I wouldn't mind seeing something like this running on our internal stuff.

See the adminstration section of http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current/
for where to get the scripts.  They are evil.

Their origins date back to the period when GDB was switching from K&R to
ISO C, and initially starting out on multiarch. They detected when
someone was slipping back into old K&R habits, but also made it possible
to track how many problematic things could reasonably be deleted.

The biggest wish list item is for it to compare the documentation
against the command set and report undocumented commands.

Andrew