public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* remote TCP gdb with MinGW
@ 2003-07-15 13:10 Vijay Saha, Noida
From: Vijay Saha, Noida @ 2003-07-15 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gdb@sources.redhat.com'

Hi

I am trying to build GDB 5.1 over Mingw/x86/Win2K with --target=arm-linux
I have downloaded the gdb-5.1.1 source from sourceforge and successfully
built it but this built doesn't support remote TCP debugging due to mingw
patches already applied on this downloaded.

Whenever I try 'target remote target-IP:port" over the new GDB, it says "No
such file or directory" I have a gdbserver running on remote target i.e.
arm-linux

So currently I am trying to figure out all the files and fixes in gdb/
directory which are to modified if I have to add the support for remote
debugging on this MinGW environment for target=arm-linux.

Can anyone help me in moving ahead with this approach...?
Has anyone done some work on this ..?

I sthere any sort of patch or documentation....?

Any guidance would be highly appreciated...

Thanks and regards
Vijay

* Re: remote TCP gdb with MinGW
@ 2003-07-17 16:30 ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2003-07-17 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vijay Saha, Noida; +Cc: 'gdb@sources.redhat.com'

You should probably send this question to the mingw list.  As you note,
they modified that GDB so that it doesn't support TCP.

(That is also a very old GDB.)

Andrew