public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* "store.exp" test
@ 2003-07-22 22:01 Michael Snyder
From: Michael Snyder @ 2003-07-22 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb, cagney

Andrew,

A minor problem with the store.c test -- it gets unexpected results
on targets where "char" is unsigned.

I tried using "register signed char", and that seems to help...
but I'm not sure if that will interfere with the intent of the test.

Michael

* Re: "store.exp" test
@ 2003-07-22 22:38 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2003-07-22 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Snyder; +Cc: gdb, cagney

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 03:01:22PM -0700, Michael Snyder wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> A minor problem with the store.c test -- it gets unexpected results
> on targets where "char" is unsigned.
>
> I tried using "register signed char", and that seems to help...
> but I'm not sure if that will interfere with the intent of the test.
>
> Michael

Are you working from HEAD or a slightly older branch?  I fixed this
for arm-elf about two weeks ago, I think.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz

* Re: "store.exp" test
@ 2003-07-23  0:32   ` Michael Snyder
From: Michael Snyder @ 2003-07-23  0:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Jacobowitz; +Cc: gdb, cagney

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

>On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 03:01:22PM -0700, Michael Snyder wrote:
>

>>Andrew,
>>
>>A minor problem with the store.c test -- it gets unexpected results
>>on targets where "char" is unsigned.
>>
>>I tried using "register signed char", and that seems to help...
>>but I'm not sure if that will interfere with the intent of the test.
>>
>>Michael
>>

>Are you working from HEAD or a slightly older branch?  I fixed this
>for arm-elf about two weeks ago, I think.

Yeah, that should do it.  Thanks.  Now that you mention it, I remember
you doing this.