public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Compiling GDB on Mac OSX
       [not found] <a9199c69040807184220722624@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2004-08-08  8:50 ` Will Pugh
From: Will Pugh @ 2004-08-08  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi,

I'm trying to compile GDB on my mac, and having a hard time.  Is this supported?

When I run . /configure in the gdb directory, I get the error:

checking for X... no
configure: error: *** Gdb does not support native target
powerpc-apple-darwin7.4.0

I'm compiling GDB 6.2, and letting configure decide the OS for me.  Is
there a host value I should pass to configure to get this to work?  Is
there a version of GDB that builds on OSX?

    Thanks!
    --Will

* Re: Compiling GDB on Mac OSX
@ 2004-08-08 15:42   ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2004-08-08 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Will Pugh; +Cc: gdb

On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 01:50:33AM -0700, Will Pugh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to compile GDB on my mac, and having a hard time.  Is this supported?
>
> When I run . /configure in the gdb directory, I get the error:
>
> checking for X... no
> configure: error: *** Gdb does not support native target
> powerpc-apple-darwin7.4.0
>
> I'm compiling GDB 6.2, and letting configure decide the OS for me.  Is
> there a host value I should pass to configure to get this to work?  Is
> there a version of GDB that builds on OSX?

You'll have to get source from Apple if you want to do this.  I believe
it's freely available somewhere.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz

* Re: Compiling GDB on Mac OSX
@ 2004-08-08 21:09     ` Andreas Tobler
From: Andreas Tobler @ 2004-08-08 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Jacobowitz; +Cc: Will Pugh, gdb

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 01:50:33AM -0700, Will Pugh wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm trying to compile GDB on my mac, and having a hard time.  Is this supported?
>>
>>When I run . /configure in the gdb directory, I get the error:
>>
>>checking for X... no
>>configure: error: *** Gdb does not support native target
>>powerpc-apple-darwin7.4.0
>>
>>I'm compiling GDB 6.2, and letting configure decide the OS for me.  Is
>>there a host value I should pass to configure to get this to work?  Is
>>there a version of GDB that builds on OSX?
>

> You'll have to get source from Apple if you want to do this.  I believe
> it's freely available somewhere.

http://developer.apple.com/darwin/tools/cvs/howto.html

Gruss

Andreas