public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* _dl_debug_state_internal () breakpoints
@ 2004-09-30 10:53 Timo Steuerwald
From: Timo Steuerwald @ 2004-09-30 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi all,

I currently debug an application with many of that type of "internal
breakpoints":
> #0  0x4000c690 in _dl_debug_state_internal () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2
This breaks are a little bit annoying :-(

After some searching on the internet, I've found the following thing:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2003-10/msg00014.html
So my question is, is it possible to configure gdb in such way, that after hitting
this breakpoint, the debugged application will be automatically continued? Or
to disable this breakpoint at all?

Many thanks for your answers!

Bye,

Timo

* Re: _dl_debug_state_internal () breakpoints
@ 2004-10-03 18:00 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2004-10-03 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Timo Steuerwald; +Cc: gdb

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 12:51:17PM +0200, Timo Steuerwald wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I currently debug an application with many of that type of "internal
> breakpoints":
> > #0  0x4000c690 in _dl_debug_state_internal () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2
> This breaks are a little bit annoying :-(
>
> After some searching on the internet, I've found the following thing:
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2003-10/msg00014.html
> So my question is, is it possible to configure gdb in such way, that after hitting
> this breakpoint, the debugged application will be automatically continued? Or
> to disable this breakpoint at all?

GDB should never stop at this breakpoint and give you a prompt.  You
need to tell us more about what this application is doing, and
investigate why GDB decided to stop.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz