public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* "Y/y packets for HW breakpoints?"
@ 2004-09-24 23:07 Xinan Tang
From: Xinan Tang @ 2004-09-24 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi

  I saw kgdb used 'Y/y' packets for HW breakpoints. However the GDB
manual still says that 'y/y' are reserved.

  Can I use 'Y/y' for implementing HW breakpoints?

Thanks

--Xinan

* Re: "Y/y packets for HW breakpoints?"
@ 2004-10-05 19:27 ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2004-10-05 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xinan Tang; +Cc: gdb

> Hi
>
>   I saw kgdb used 'Y/y' packets for HW breakpoints. However the GDB
> manual still says that 'y/y' are reserved.

GDB uses the Z/z packets for hardware breakpoints so what kgdb thinks it
is doing is puzzling.

Andrew

@ 2004-10-05 19:38 Xinan Tang
From: Xinan Tang @ 2004-10-05 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Cagney; +Cc: gdb

Hi

  I am using Z/z packets for hardware break points now. In the GDB
document, "Debugging with GDB", it still says that Z/z packet type is a
"draft". Can someone modify the doc. and make the GDB position firm on
the Z/z packets.

Thanks

--Xinan