public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Re: in_solib_call_trampoline
@ 2005-07-28 10:18 Randolph Chung
From: Randolph Chung @ 2005-07-28 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: drow, gdb

>> I'm a bit confused here myself, but I have you taken a look at
>> skip_trampoline_code?
>
> I thought that gdbarch_skip_solib_resolver and
> in_solib_dynsym_resolve_code would be enough.  I'm not sure if all the
> current skip_trampoline_code bits are necessary.

Well, on hppa skip_trampoline_code knows about quite a few other types
of trampolines in addition to solib PLT trampolines.

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports

* Re: in_solib_call_trampoline
@ 2005-08-05 20:01 ` Kris Warkentin
From: Kris Warkentin @ 2005-08-05 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Randolph Chung; +Cc: drow, gdb

Well, on the bright side, it turns out there's no problem with solibs
and backtraces.  It turns out that I'm an idiot and chased this problem
all week only just now to notice that symbols weren't being loaded for
the solibs.  So the problem is with auto-loading of symbols, not
backtracing and solib support.

On the bright side, in looking at the linux support, I was able to rip a
few things out of our tdep files and generally simplify things so it
wasn't a complete waste of a week.  Still feel a bit of a dork though....;-)

Have a good weekend and thanks for the help.

cheers,

Kris

--
Stay up-to-date on all the QNX news!  Register at
http://www.qnx.com/news/forms/newsletter.html to

* Re: in_solib_call_trampoline
@ 2005-07-27 20:20     ` Mark Kettenis
From: Mark Kettenis @ 2005-07-27 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kewarken; +Cc: gdb

   Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 16:05:21 -0400
   From: Kris Warkentin <kewarken@qnx.com>

   Well, I've been looking at the frame_unwind_sniffers...I guess I'll try
   that next.  Kind of annoying not being able to step into shared libs
   anymore. ;-)

Having you target unwind from within .plt is a good idea anyway; your
program might end up there once in a while if it encounters a random
signal.

Mark

* Re: in_solib_call_trampoline
@ 2005-07-27 20:07   ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2005-07-27 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Kettenis; +Cc: kewarken, gdb

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 09:59:30PM +0200, Mark Kettenis wrote:
>    Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:26:57 -0400
>    From: Kris Warkentin <kewarken@qnx.com>
>
>    I was using set_gdbarch_in_solib_call_trampoline (gdbarch,
>    in_plt_section) so that I could step into solibs, much like many other
>    targets, but it looks like this method isn't supported anymore.  Can
>    anyone tell me the accepted way to make gdb keep stepping past the plt
>    section and into the solib?
>
> I'm a bit confused here myself, but I have you taken a look at
> skip_trampoline_code?

I thought that gdbarch_skip_solib_resolver and
in_solib_dynsym_resolve_code would be enough.  I'm not sure if all the
current skip_trampoline_code bits are necessary.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC

* Re: in_solib_call_trampoline
@ 2005-07-27 20:02   ` Kris Warkentin
From: Kris Warkentin @ 2005-07-27 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Kettenis; +Cc: gdb

--

@ 2005-07-27 19:59 ` Mark Kettenis
From: Mark Kettenis @ 2005-07-27 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kewarken; +Cc: gdb

   Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:26:57 -0400
   From: Kris Warkentin <kewarken@qnx.com>

   I was using set_gdbarch_in_solib_call_trampoline (gdbarch,
   in_plt_section) so that I could step into solibs, much like many other
   targets, but it looks like this method isn't supported anymore.  Can
   anyone tell me the accepted way to make gdb keep stepping past the plt
   section and into the solib?

I'm a bit confused here myself, but I have you taken a look at
skip_trampoline_code?

Mark

* in_solib_call_trampoline
@ 2005-07-27 19:24 Kris Warkentin
From: Kris Warkentin @ 2005-07-27 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GDB

Sorry for the dumb question but it's been a while since I brought my
head branch sandbox up to date.  I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.