public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Re: PATCH: Fix fallout from at-file.texi in Makefile.in, texi2pod
       [not found] <200510111836.j9BIak2k027668@sethra.codesourcery.com>
@ 2005-10-11 18:45 ` Andrew Pinski
From: Andrew Pinski @ 2005-10-11 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Mitchell, gdb; +Cc: binutils, gcc-patches, dj

On Oct 11, 2005, at 2:36 PM, Mark Mitchell wrote:

> It turns out that older versions of makeinfo and texi2pod.pl both fail
> to support:
>
>   @include @value{...}

Where does "@include @value" happen?

I don't see it anywhere in GCC's sources and I am able to build GCC
just fine with
makeinfo 4.6 without any troubles.

Also shouldn't this be CC'd to gdb since they also use the toplevel
makefile?

-- Pinski

* Re: PATCH: Fix fallout from at-file.texi in Makefile.in, texi2pod
@ 2005-10-11 18:49   ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2005-10-11 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Pinski; +Cc: gdb, binutils, gcc-patches, dj

Andrew Pinski wrote:

> Where does "@include @value" happen?

Binutils.  And, presumably, all future uses of expandargv from libiberty.

> Also shouldn't this be CC'd to gdb since they also use the toplevel
> makefile?

OK, sure.  I guess it should be copied to every project in src...

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC

* Re: PATCH: Fix fallout from at-file.texi in Makefile.in, texi2pod
@ 2005-10-11 18:57     ` Andrew Pinski
From: Andrew Pinski @ 2005-10-11 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Mitchell; +Cc: binutils, gcc-patches, dj, gdb

On Oct 11, 2005, at 2:49 PM, Mark Mitchell wrote:

> Andrew Pinski wrote:
>
>> Where does "@include @value" happen?
>
> Binutils.  And, presumably, all future uses of expandargv from
> libiberty.

4.8 was only released this January which seems too early to require this
new version and even too late into the release cycle of GCC.

-- Pinski

* Re: PATCH: Fix fallout from at-file.texi in Makefile.in, texi2pod
@ 2005-10-11 19:03       ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2005-10-11 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Pinski; +Cc: binutils, gcc-patches, dj, gdb

Andrew Pinski wrote:

> On Oct 11, 2005, at 2:49 PM, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>
>> Andrew Pinski wrote:
>>
>>> Where does "@include @value" happen?
>>

>> Binutils.  And, presumably, all future uses of expandargv from libiberty.
>
> 4.8 was only released this January which seems too early to require this
> new version and even too late into the release cycle of GCC.

I disagree.  Building GCC requires lots of tools; there's no reason to
tie our hands by requiring tools that are more than a year old.

However, since I realized that I have makeinfo 4.5, I tried that; it
seems to work OK too.  So, consider the patch amended to use makeinfo
4.5.  (That version is installed as/usr/bin/makeinfo on RHEL 3, so it's
not terribly recent.)

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC