public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Using gdb with a Delphi XE2 project
@ 2012-05-15  8:52 OBones
From: OBones @ 2012-05-15  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hello all,

Under Windows, I'm trying to debug with gdb an exe file created with
Delphi XE2
However, I can't find which options I should set for the compiler/linker
in order for gdb to find the symbols and allow debugging as right now, I
always get this message:

Reading symbols from C:\Some\Dir\MyProgram.exe...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.

Does anyone have any suggestion?

Regards

* Re: Using gdb with a Delphi XE2 project
@ 2012-05-15  9:22 ` Jonas Maebe
From: Jonas Maebe @ 2012-05-15  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

OBones wrote on Tue, 15 May 2012:

> Under Windows, I'm trying to debug with gdb an exe file created with
> Delphi XE2
> However, I can't find which options I should set for the
> compiler/linker in order for gdb to find the symbols and allow
> debugging as right now, I always get this message:
>
> Reading symbols from C:\Some\Dir\MyProgram.exe...(no debugging
> symbols found)...done.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestion?

Delphi can only generate debug info in the TD32 format, which is not
supported by gdb.

Jonas

* Re: Using gdb with a Delphi XE2 project
@ 2012-05-15  9:37   ` OBones
From: OBones @ 2012-05-15  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonas Maebe; +Cc: gdb

Jonas Maebe wrote:

> OBones wrote on Tue, 15 May 2012:
>
>> Under Windows, I'm trying to debug with gdb an exe file created with
>> Delphi XE2
>> However, I can't find which options I should set for the
>> compiler/linker in order for gdb to find the symbols and allow
>> debugging as right now, I always get this message:
>>
>> Reading symbols from C:\Some\Dir\MyProgram.exe...(no debugging
>> symbols found)...done.
>>
>> Does anyone have any suggestion?
>
> Delphi can only generate debug info in the TD32 format, which is not
> supported by gdb.

Thanks, that is crystal clear, I'll have to work around this one way or
another, back to the drawing board.