public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* about GDB/MI output syntax
       [not found] <4FED4739.6060508@gmail.com>
@ 2012-06-29  6:21 ` Remi Liu
From: Remi Liu @ 2012-06-29  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi, GDB developpers:

I'm not sure whether it is too presumptuous to ask the question directly
to you. But I am really confused about the MI output syntax.

I've taken over a front-end of GDB. I should make it to support new
version GDB, GDB 7. And the version of GDB I use is 7.4, unknown release.

In the GDB document, section 27.2.2, the output definition is

output ==>
    ( out-of-band-record )* [ result-record ] "(gdb)" nl

But after I sent a MI command like

4-exec-run

The output I got is

=thread-group-started,id=隆卤i1隆卤,pid=隆卤9728隆卤

=thread-created,id=隆卤1隆卤,group-id=隆卤i1隆卤

~隆卤[New Thread 9728.0x23a8]\n隆卤

4^running

*running,thread-id=隆卤all隆卤

(gdb)

The first 3 lines are out-of-band-record s, the 4th line is
result-record, what is the 5th line?

That make me puzzled. I'm not sure, I misunderstanded the document, or
the document should be updated?

Thank you for your time!

Looking forward to your response!

A developper of front-end of GDB

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-06-29  6:21 UTC | newest]