public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* How to customize the shortcut key for gdbtui ?
@ 2012-07-04  5:03 Tom Frank
From: Tom Frank @ 2012-07-04  5:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

I want to change the ctrl-L  shortcut key to ctrl-a?

How can I modify the source code  for this ?

Thanks!

* Re: How to customize the shortcut key for gdbtui ?
@ 2012-07-06 15:31 ` Pedro Alves
From: Pedro Alves @ 2012-07-06 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Frank; +Cc: gdb

On 07/04/2012 06:03 AM, Tom Frank wrote:
> I want to change the ctrl-L  shortcut key to ctrl-a?
>

> How can I modify the source code  for this ?

gdb uses readline, so what you need is to tweak your readline
bindings (also used by bash).  E.g., you can bind the readline
clear-screen function to c-a by putting

"\C-a": clear-screen

in your .inputrc.  See the GNU Readline manual.

--
Pedro Alves