public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Manual for "monitor"
@ 2004-08-13 12:32 Fabian Cenedese
From: Fabian Cenedese @ 2004-08-13 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi

There is a command "monitor" to send data to a target (and also request
some from it). But I couldn't find anything in the gdb manual. Is this
somewhere explained? Or do I need to look in the source? I already
have looked in monitor.c and it seems that there is a lot more possible
than just sending a string to the target.

Thanks

bye  Fabi

* Re: Manual for "monitor"
@ 2004-08-24 19:32 ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2004-08-24 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabian Cenedese; +Cc: gdb

> Hi
>
> There is a command "monitor" to send data to a target (and also request
> some from it). But I couldn't find anything in the gdb manual. Is this
> somewhere explained? Or do I need to look in the source? I already
> have looked in monitor.c and it seems that there is a lot more possible
> than just sending a string to the target.

Look at target.c:do_monitor_command, and remote.c:remote_rcmd.

Andrew