public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* How to enable debug code?
@ 2015-07-08  3:11 Fei Ding
From: Fei Ding @ 2015-07-08  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi, there:

I met some problem when enabling debug code, here it is:

I want to debug the YACC of GDB command line. Specifically, I want
this code to work: `YYDPRINTF ((stderr, "Starting parse\n"));', which
at c-exp.c

So I've tried
1. make 'CFLAGS=-DYYDEBUG'
2. make YYDEBUG=1

Both failed. Any hint? Thanks.

* Re: How to enable debug code?
@ 2015-07-08 10:02 ` Pedro Alves
From: Pedro Alves @ 2015-07-08 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fei Ding, gdb

On 07/08/2015 04:11 AM, Fei Ding wrote:
> Hi, there:
>
> I met some problem when enabling debug code, here it is:
>
> I want to debug the YACC of GDB command line. Specifically, I want
> this code to work: `YYDPRINTF ((stderr, "Starting parse\n"));', which
> at c-exp.c
>
> So I've tried
> 1. make 'CFLAGS=-DYYDEBUG'
> 2. make YYDEBUG=1
>
> Both failed. Any hint? Thanks.

No need to build any differently.  Just do "set debug parser on".

Thanks,
Pedro Alves