public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Linetable
@ 2005-07-27 21:54 Sp3cial K
From: Sp3cial K @ 2005-07-27 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi, can someone please explain how symtab->linetable is constructed?

The linetable sometimes contain consecutive entry of the same line number
but a different pc (only a few bits different).  I originally went into a
problem when setting a breakpoint to an overloaded function.  For each of
the functions, the linetable contains two entries with same line number and
slightly different pc, but these entries are not in NAS.map!

I just debugged one of my images and hereÂ’s what the linetable for the
symtab containing the overloaded function “Interface::get” looks like:

index	line	pc in dex	pc in hex
28	251	8775424	85e700
29	251	8775427	85e703
30	0	8775434	85e70a
31	255	8775434	85e70a
32	255	8775437	85e70d
33	0	8775444	85e714
34	259	8775444	85e714
35	259	8775447	85e717
36	0	8775454	85e71e
37	261	8775454	85e71e
38	261	8775457	85e721
39	0	8775464	85e728
40	264	8775464	85e728
EtcÂ…

From symbol table:
0085e700 W Interface::get(unsigned&, unsigned&, unsigned&, unsigned&,
unsigned&)
No entry for 0085e703
0085e70a W Interface::get(unsigned char*&)
No entry for 0085e70d
0085e714 W Interface::interfaceUp()
No entry for 0085e717
0085e71e W Interface::interfaceDown()