public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* [Build Error] return type defaults to 'int'
@ 2012-03-25 12:16 Zhihua Che
From: Zhihua Che @ 2012-03-25 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi, everyone

        I'm building gdb using git repository and maybe find a bug.
After configure, several .c files are generated under <gdb-build>/gdb,
such as c-exp.c cp-name-parser.c, but they are all not complying with
c grammar. Precisely, the functions in them miss a return value, like
the below
        main() { return 0;}

        my code version is c338d4bceb084a629b479e1ac36ab2b42737e1c2.

* Re: [Build Error] return type defaults to 'int'
@ 2012-03-25 12:21 ` Jan Kratochvil
From: Jan Kratochvil @ 2012-03-25 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhihua Che; +Cc: gdb

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 14:16:37 +0200, Zhihua Che wrote:
>         I'm building gdb using git repository and maybe find a bug.
> After configure, several .c files are generated under <gdb-build>/gdb,
> such as c-exp.c cp-name-parser.c, but they are all not complying with
> c grammar. Precisely, the functions in them miss a return value, like
> the below
>         main() { return 0;}

Install flex and bison and then delete this gdb source tree, unpack it and
rebuild again.  Best rebuild your distro gdb first which will install all the
pre-requisite build tools.

I agree GDB should behave better.

Regards,
Jan

* Re: [Build Error] return type defaults to 'int'
@ 2012-03-26  2:52   ` Zhihua Che
From: Zhihua Che @ 2012-03-26  2:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kratochvil; +Cc: gdb

在 2012年3月25日 下午8:21,Jan Kratochvil <jan.kratochvil@redhat.com> 写道:
> On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 14:16:37 +0200, Zhihua Che wrote:
>>         I'm building gdb using git repository and maybe find a bug.
>> After configure, several .c files are generated under <gdb-build>/gdb,
>> such as c-exp.c cp-name-parser.c, but they are all not complying with
>> c grammar. Precisely, the functions in them miss a return value, like
>> the below
>>         main() { return 0;}
>
> Install flex and bison and then delete this gdb source tree, unpack it and
> rebuild again.  Best rebuild your distro gdb first which will install all the
> pre-requisite build tools.
>
> I agree GDB should behave better.
>

> Regards,
> Jan

After installing bison,I guess I made it and it worked, maybe I missed
something during configure.