public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* how can gdb debug realmode programme? Is there some patches?
@ 2012-05-28  0:41 李健
From: 李健 @ 2012-05-28  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

I want to debug the linux kernel code when it is setup in realmode
,but gdb can not working right for that,its diassemblely code is
wrong,
and  the instruction address is computed for protect_mode .

how can I do?

thank you!

* Re: how can gdb debug realmode programme? Is there some patches?
@ 2012-05-28 15:54 ` Zhihua Che
From: Zhihua Che @ 2012-05-28 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 李健; +Cc: gdb

2012/5/28 李健 <gdbhelper@gmail.com>:
> I want to debug the linux kernel code when it is setup in realmode
> ,but gdb can not working right for that,its diassemblely code is
> wrong,
> and  the instruction address is computed for protect_mode .
>
> how can I do?
>
> thank you!

As far as I know, gdb can't work well with real mode. I also tried to
debug real mode code using gdb.