public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* color prompt is broken under TUI mode
@ 2015-03-07  2:18 kamaraju kusumanchi
From: kamaraju kusumanchi @ 2015-03-07  2:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

When gdb is started under the TUI mode, I am not able to set the
prompt in color. For example, I did

rajulocal@hogwarts ~ % ~/software/myroot/gdb-7.9/bin/gdb --tui -q
(gdb) set prompt \033[0;33m(gdb) \033[0m

which shows the prompt as

^[[0;33m(gdb) ^[[0m

However, if gdb is started in the normal mode without the --tui
option, then the prompt changes to yellow color as expected.

Is this a known issue or should I report this as a bug? Are there any
work arounds available?

I am using gdb 7.9 on a machine running Debian Testing.

thanks
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi | http://raju.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Blog

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-03-07  2:18 UTC | newest]