public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
From: Joel Sherrill <joel@rtems.org>
To: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@suse.com>
Cc: Richard Biener <rguenther@suse.de>,
	Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com>,
	 Christophe Lyon <christophe.lyon@linaro.org>,
	gdb@sourceware.org, Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com>,
	 Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com>,
	"Carlos O'Donell" <carlos@redhat.com>,
	 Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim.kuvyrkov@linaro.org>,
	Thiago Bauermann <thiago.bauermann@linaro.org>,
	 Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval.zanella@linaro.org>
Subject: Re: Patches submission policy change
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 07:58:48 -0500	[thread overview]

Another possible issue which may be better now than in years past
is that the versions of autoconf/automake required often had to be
installed by hand. I think newlib has gotten better but before the
rework on its Makefile/configure, I had a special install of autotools
which precisely matched what it required.

And that led to very few people being able to successfully regenerate.

Is that avoidable?

OTOH the set of people touching these files may be small enough that
pain isn't an issue.

--joel