public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Need real life synthetic use cases for debugging
@ 2021-01-07  7:40 Nagmat Nazarov
From: Nagmat Nazarov @ 2021-01-07  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reuben Thomas via Gdb

We have *implemented PrC(program context) register* which adds program
counter value of instruction where we have* jump (JAL or JALR) instruction* on
RISC-V architecture. By using *PrC* we can* set breakpoints on exact order
of function calls*. We example below you can see PrC values of function
call graph where f1,f2 and f3 are functions:

PATH

PrC

f1

9c6

f1->f2

1246

f1->f2->f3

19be

f1->f3

12ac

f1->f3->f2

18c0

f2

a04

f2->f1

111c

f2->f1->f3

1a02

f2->f3

117c

f2->f3->f1

1742

f3

a42

f3->f1

1008

f3->f1->f2

1888

f3->f2

1056

f3->f2->f1

176e

As you see all PrC values are different from each other. By using PrC I can
set breakpoints on consecutive chain of function calls. Now I need real
life synthetic cases where I can use this method. Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,
Nagmat
nagmat@gmail.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-01-07  7:41 UTC | newest]