public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Python events.new_objfile with "set auto-solib-add off"
@ 2020-10-28 13:45 Srinath Avadhanula
From: Srinath Avadhanula @ 2020-10-28 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi,

We have an application which (unfortunately) loads a ton of shared
libraries. Typically, we are only interested in debugging a small subset of
these libraries. We use a combination of "set auto-solib-add off" and
"sharedlibrary" commands to only load a selected set of symbols.

However, the "sharedlibrary" command can only be issued after the
executable actually loads the shared library. This is a bit of an annoyance.

I was hoping that I could therefore use the Python events.new_objfile
listener to issue a sharedlibrary command if we detect that a library of
interest is loaded. However, it looks like this particular event just does
not fire if "set auto-solib-add off" is set.

Is there a Python API which I can use to get notified that a new shared
library is loaded by the inferior (even if no symbols have been loaded for
that shared library)?

Regards,
Srinath

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-10-28 13:45 UTC | newest]