public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Specifying target endianness via Remote Serial Protocol
@ 2020-04-12 12:02 Omer
From: Omer @ 2020-04-12 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi,

While writing my own gdb stub, I noticed that there is no way to specify
what endianness the target is using (I guess the logical place for that
would be in the target.xml file).
One can use "set endian" manually to fix that, but when debugging an ARM
BE8 target, there is no way to specify that the code is little endian
(currently byte_order_for_code is initialized to little only when loading a
BE8 elf).
Shouldn't there be an additional field for target XML tag to specify that?

Omer.