public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* [RISCV] RISC-V GNU Toolchain Biweekly Sync-up: Mar 11, 2021
@ 2021-02-11 14:35 Wei Wu (吴伟)
From: Wei Wu (吴伟) @ 2021-02-11 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, binutils, gdb, libc-alpha, hellogcc

Hi all,

My name is Wei Wu. I am the project director of PLCT Lab, which is an
engineering team focusing on compilers, simulators, and virtual machines
(runtimes). The PLCT Lab is actively working on RISC-V toolchains,
including GNU Toolchain and Clang/LLVM. Recently, the PLCT Lab joined the
RISC-V international as a group contributor[1]. We are working on
implementing GCC/Binutils for a few draft ISA extensions like Zfinx, Krypto
Scalar, and P-extension.

I've noticed that there was no periodically sync-up meeting for RISC-V
backend, and I think it might be good to have one[2][3]. I invite everyone
who is interested in RISC-V to join and have discussions, making the GNU
Toolchain doing better on RISC-V.

So the first sync-up meeting would happen on March 11, the agenda will be
posted before the meeting:

Topic: RISC-V GNU Toolchain Biweekly Sync-up
Time: Mar 11, 2021 11:00 PM Beijing, Shanghai

LOS ANGELES, United States, California
7:00a Thu, Mar 11 2021

BEIJING, China
11:00p Thu, Mar 11 2021

LONDON, United Kingdom, England
3:00p Thu, Mar 11 2021

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.com.cn/j/82900185885?pwd=Ym9mRHNkU2RDQ1VGOXVWMGJRR3Y3Zz09

Meeting ID: 829 0018 5885
Passcode: 908375

All are welcome!

Besides, for the developers living in East Asia, there is another
time-friendly sync-up meeting mainly talking in Chinese:

== Feb 25, 3pm - 4pm, CST ==

Topic: RISC-V GNU Toolchain Biweekly Sync-up (East Asia, Talking in Chinese)
Time: Feb 25, 2021 03:00 PM Beijing, Shanghai

LOS ANGELES, United States, California
11:00p Wed, Feb 24 2021

BEIJING, China
3:00p Thu, Feb 25 2021

LONDON, United Kingdom, England
7:00a Thu, Feb 25 2021

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.com.cn/j/89274258913?pwd=cnFzSnVuMGxSeWwzTHNVeGUwbTN1UT09

Meeting ID: 892 7425 8913
Passcode: 484200

== Mar 11, 3pm - 4pm, CST ==

Topic: RISC-V GNU Toolchain Biweekly Sync-up (East Asia, Talking in Chinese)
Time: Mar 11, 2021 03:00 PM Beijing, Shanghai

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.com.cn/j/83727837910?pwd=dTltRmVTRjB6ZGhaWTJaYkFVZGttdz09

Meeting ID: 837 2783 7910
Passcode: 389540

Happy Lunar New Year!

[1] PLCT Lab is part of the Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of
Sciences. So you may see that we are using the name CAS/PLCT in the RISC-V
community.
[2] Although the RISC-V community has its own task groups for ISA
extension, the discussion of the implementation details of specific
compilers are not encouraged.
[3] Thank Jeremy Bennett for this suggestion.

--
Best wishes,
Wei Wu (吴伟)

* Re: [RISCV] RISC-V GNU Toolchain Biweekly Sync-up: Mar 11, 2021
@ 2021-03-10 18:16 ` Wei Wu (吴伟)
From: Wei Wu (吴伟) @ 2021-03-10 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, binutils, gdb, libc-alpha, hellogcc

Hi all,

Topics to discuss on the first RISC-V GNU Toolchain sync-up meeting
include the following:
- Current status of the ISA extensions that PLCT Lab is working on.
- The idea and roadmap of all-in-one branches for developers.
- CI status and roadmap for riscv-gnu-toolchain and other GNU repos.
- Free discussion