public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Initial signal
@ 2020-07-21 21:02 Reuben Thomas
From: Reuben Thomas @ 2020-07-21 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reuben Thomas via Gdb

Studying remote.c, I found the following comment:

  /* Stubs traditionally report SIGTRAP as initial signal,
    instead of signal 0.  Suppress it.  */

And indeed the remote stub I am working on, which was based on
stubs/sparc-stub.c, was sending SIGTRAP as its initial signal. So I changed
it to send 0, which works fine, of course.

However, I cannot find this documented anywhere in the relevant section of
GDB's manual; indeed, I cannot find any documentation of what the initial
signal should be. Am I overlooking something, or is it missing?

--
https://rrt.sc3d.org

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-07-21 21:02 UTC | newest]