public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* APP cannot be interrupted to gdb console by contrl+c, if APP enters into kernel mode via ioctl.
@ 2021-02-02 12:13 He Leon
From: He Leon @ 2021-02-02 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi all,

I meet an issue while debugging APP by gdb.

I have a very simple APP and a very simple Kernel Mode Driver. APP accesses Kernel Mode Driver via IOCTL.

When I debug APP in User Mode by gdb, I found if APP enters and stays inside IOCTL, the APP cannot be interrupted to gdb console by control+C.

The issue is quite easy to be reproduced. I have reproduced it over different versions of kernel or gdb.

Is there such limitation for: gdb doesn't work if APP enters and stays in kernel mode?

Thanks